Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dora the Hottie

Recently I a saw a news story about the precocious, Spanish speaking cartoon character named "Dora the Explorer". Any of us with children know her well. If I had to estimate, I'd say her character is around 6 or 7 years old....maybe 8....could even be 9 or 10. Well....not anymore. Suddenly her character looks about 14 (with a mini skirt, makeup and long seductive hair). Am I the only one feeling weird about Dora's obvious fast track through puberty? OK....I'm going to try and stay fresh and current on this issue. I won't talk about how young girls (under age 12) experience a constant flood of images telling them they should look a certain way to attract the opposite sex and how devastating it is for a perfectly healthy self esteem. I won't mention how our society is poisoned by images from the media that brainwash not only young girls, but young boys with the "hottie" agenda. I won't tell the story of how my fourth grade son refers to other fourth grade girls as "hottie's" (look at a picture of your kids fourth grade class if you think that's normal and tell me if there's anything "hot" about a 9 year old girl) and the reason he calls them hot is because that's how they refer to themselves! I won't tell you about the drama in his classroom involving him "cheating" on the girl "he's going out with". I mean come on.....none of them have drivers licenses so pretty much no one is going anywhere (the cheating part is just too rediculous for a comment).
Nope....all I'm going to say is if cartoon characters are supposed to mature then bugs bunny needs to use a cane, have false teeth and a bladder control issue. Cinderella is now 95....OK....this is gonna be fun! No way are those breasts perky anymore, unless of course she had them re-done after the mastectomy! On the upside cellulite is the least of her worries now, especially after the bypass....
Well....maybe having the cartoon characters grow old isn't really so bad. That way we'll all be prepared when we have to go get that "I just turned 50 so insurance pays 100% of the cost of a colonoscopy" colonoscopy....hahahaha....the GI doc could be a totally scary figure with a long tube that has eyes and growls.....
Woops....kinda got off track there....

No comments:

Post a Comment